- Here is the “get the names right” draft of the new kiosk map. We’ll be tweaking before it’s printed and installed. Note that the mileage of a few trails may not be entirely accurate.
- Note that some names are changing, especially for Lonely Hunter. A single name for that large of a loop was always meant to be temporary and change once we built more trail.
- We’ll get a video up soon with some explanation for the changes.
- Because there’s a window where we have some volunteer capacity, we are going to go ahead and start changing the trail signage.
- Please bear with us while we make the change and offer help to others are that are looking confused.
- Believe it or not, there is a bad wet spot on Sittin’ Pretty near where it intersects Primus. Please ride the low edge and help us by using the tool to deberm the lower edge and smooth out ruts until it hardens up. If it’s a problem this coming winter, we’ll armor it. We’ll probably have to do that, but hopefully if we give it a chance to harden up, the length we have to armor will be smaller.
Finally, here’s a quick rundown of what’s changing and what will be the projects for upcoming workdays. Please watch social media and help us spread the word.
- We need to improve the large stream crossing on the norther section of Bimini right out of the parking lot.
- We need to clean up Straight Shot so it’s more attractive to hikers and we can use it to climb to Hissy Fit. We also need to armor a section right at the beginning.
- We need to clean up Clovis.
- We need to do a very short connection from Lonely Hunter over to Bimini to help create a more cohesive “teal” outer loop.
- We need to clean up access to an old road bed so it’s easy to session the upper section of Lickety Split.
- We need to reshape a couple of things right after the first corner on Lickety Split.
- We might add some clay to the berms on Swavey’s, which is the only spot where the dirt is not gloriously good.
Thanks for your support!